IO3: IT Robo Clubs Courses
The aim of the Courses (lectures and practical exercises) is to introduce students (and their teachers) to the basics of Robotics, Mechanics and Kinematics, controllers, hardware, sensors and actuators, software development and robot programing. The knowledge obtained will allow the students to design, control and program the educational mobile robot for the following tasks: line following, maze solving, obstacle avoidance and remote control.
Lectures will cover the following:
- Introduction in Robotics – Introducing students to the basic principles of robotics. Definition of robot, mobile robot. Classification of robots. Industrial Robotics: Types of Robots, Purpose and application. Service Robotics: Types of Robots, Purpose and application
- Mechanics and Kinematics – Introducing the main mechanical principles of the robots. Rotation and translation. Main structures of the industrial robots and properties. Main structures of the mobile robots and properties. Introduction of the main kinematics structures of the robotic arms. Definition for number of joint and links, working area, degree of freedom etc.
- Controllers and hardware – Introduction to the controllers for robots – Arduino and Raspberry Pi. Parameters and application. Hardware components – drivers, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth modules, joypads etc.
- Sensors – Introduction of main types of sensors in robotics: tactile, sensors for measurement of distance – infrared, ultrasound, lasers, counting sensors – encoders, vison sensors. Introduction to the principles of operation and application of the different sensors.
- Actuators – Introducing the types of the motors – DC motors, stepper motors, servomotors etc. driving, control and application of the motors.
- Software – Introduction of the programming languages for controllers and robotics. Main functionalities and methods for programming.
- Arduino platform – What is Arduino? How is working? Arduino structure, parameters, libraries and methods. Supported platforms, sensors, modules. Applications.
- Programing – Introduction of robot programming for specific tasks – functions, methods, algorithms. Follow the instructor style programming the robots in Arduino environment for line following, maze solving and remote control.
- Assembly of the educational mobile robot. Written tutorial with pictures will be provided.
- Controllers and hardware – programming basic functions and algorithms of controllers and modules following a tutorial.
- Software and IDE – introduction to Arduino IDE functions and properties. Execution of basic programs.
- Sensors – connecting sensors to the controller, application and measurement with infrared, ultrasound, encoders etc. Collecting and processing sensor data.
- Actuators – control of DC motors.
- Programming of mobile robot for line following – algorithms, methods, optimization.
- Programming of mobile robot for maze solving – algorithms, methods, optimization.
- Programming of IR (Infrared) remote control – controlling the real mobile robot with TV style IR remote control (Infrared transmitter and receiver).
- Programming of Wi-Fi based remote control of the mobile robot – control of the real mobile robot trough WEB page.
The following activities will be performed:
- Creating lectures, adapted to the age of the students and the level their prior knowledge in science subjects and in accordance with the latest trends in robotics;
- Analysis and systematization of theoretical information and literature sources on the history, current state and future development of robotics;
- Creating teaching materials in the form of lectures according to the topics described in the package;
- Translation of English created lectures in Slovak, Romanian and Bulgarian.
- Preparing exercises and instructions for programming and working with robots
- Creation of training materials related to practical guidelines and directions for work with robots
- Translation of English created training materials in Slovak, Romanian and Bulgarian;
- Creation of methodology for conducting exercises and experiments.
- Preparation of presentations and tutorials;
- Creation of an electronic version of presentations;
- Creation tutorials for exercises;
- Translation of English created presentations and tutorials in Slovak, Romanian and Bulgarian.